Pure, Quality Products
Nutmeg Essential Oil
Name: Nutmeg Essential Oil
Species: Myristica fragrans
Extraction: Steam Distilled
Aroma: Warm, spicy, sweet
$3.97 – $13.97
Nutmeg Essential Oil 100% Pure
|Name||Nutmeg essential oil|
|Aroma||Warm, spicy, sweet|
|Blend Ideas||Ginger, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Grapefruit, Lemon, Orange, Vanilla, Cocoa|
Links to outside sources open in a new tab or window and may be affiliate links to items we use and trust in.
Nutmeg Essential Oil Safety Info
Our Nutmeg is the Eastern variety which is recommended for use at a 0.8% dilution or less. Nutmeg essential oil is psychotropic in high dose. As with all essential oils, Nutmeg should follow all of the precautions below. ~ Source: Tisserand, Robert and Young, Rodney. Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professionals: Churchill Livingstone; 2 edition (December 2, 2013). AZW3 file Some also recommend avoiding in pregnancy. Reading the full profile for Nutmeg Essential Oil is highly recommended by your DeRu Extracts staff.
While we’ve made this clear that we are selling this essential oil to use in your diffuser, your inhaler, or topically (diluted), it is a pure essential oil and can be used as such. With all essential oils:
Keep away from children.
Oral Safety is only given because many people have been told to take oils internally. Because several people look to us for safety advice, we feel obligated to offer those safety statements, although we do not believe anyone should be ingesting essential oils without being guided by an expert. Experts will take your medical history into account before they suggest oils for you to ingest, diffuse, or use topically.
Scroll down to recently depleted if you purchased before 09/14/2018
Nutmeg • Myristica fragrans
Nutmeg • Myristica fragrans
|Dehydro-Sabina ketone isomer||0.1|
1. Antibacterial Activity of Nutmeg Oil
2. Antioxidant and Antimicrobial Activity of Nutmeg (Myristica fragrans)
3. Chemical Composition and Antioxidant Effect of Free Volatile Aglycones from Nutmeg (Myristica fragrans Houtt.) Compared to Its Essential Oil
4. Determination of Antibacterial Activity of Essential Oil of Myristica fragrans Houtt. using Tetrazolium Microplate Assay and its Cytotoxic Activity Against Vero Cell Line
5. The inhibitory activity of nutmeg essential oil on GABAA α1β2γ2s receptors.
6. Irradiation effect on antifungal potential Myristica fragrans (nutmeg) essential oils, A preliminary study
7. The Isolation of Myristicin from Nutmeg Oil by Sequences Distillation
8. Major Antifungals in Nutmeg Essential Oil against Aspergillus flavus and A. ochraceus
9. Nutmeg oil alleviates chronic inflammatory pain through inhibition of COX-2 expression and substance P release in vivo
10. Nutmeg’s (Myristica fragrans Houtt) Oleoresin: Effect of Heating to Chemical Compositions and Antifungal Properties
11. Physical characterization and essential oil properties of West Sumatra mace and nutmeg seed (Myristica fragrans Houtt) at different ages at harvest
Information provided has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
The International Federation of Aromatherapists does not recommend that Essential Oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a Medical Doctor who is also qualified in clinical Aromatherapy. All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
Links to outside sources open in a new tab or window and are often affiliate links to items we use and trust in. This means that, at no additional cost to you, we may receive a commission if you click through them and make a purchase. For instance, as an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
For educational purposes only.