Pure, Quality Products
Bergamot Essential Oil
Name: Bergamot Essential Oil
Species: Citrus bergamia
Extraction: Cold Pressed
Aroma: Fresh and spicy, slightly floral, fresh with a citrus splash
$3.97 – $11.97
Bergamot Essential Oil 100% Pure
|Name||Bergamot Essential Oil|
|Aroma||Fresh and spicy, slightly floral, fresh with citrus splash|
|Blend Ideas||Basil, Chamomile, Cilantro, Cypress, Geranium, Grapefruit, Helichrysum, Jasmine, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Lemon, Lime, Melissa, Neroli, Nutmeg, Rose, Sandalwood, Sweet Orange, Vetiver, and Ylang Ylang|
We source only pure essential oils.
I love Bergamot Essential Oil when I need internal encouragement and regularly add it to diffuser blends for those who are viewing the world through the dark glasses of low self-esteem. It helps balance spirits and encourages a more realistic view. When stress, tension and anxiety have fatigued me, this is my “go to” oil. Earl Grey tea is flavored with bergamot — as long as you’re not purchasing an adulterated blend of the tea (we highly encourage you to look the tea up if you don’t already know about it).
With our pre-diluted oils . . . if diluted for kids is the highest dilution you see, it’s also the max dilution possible. In this instance, it’s 0.4%. Pre-diluted oils are in fractionated coconut oil.
Bergamot Essential Oil Safety Info
According to Tisserand and Young, this Bergamot Essential Oil carries a moderate risk of phototoxicity. Avoid UV rays on application site for 12 hours after topical application if used at dilutions above the maximum dermal use. [We (DeRu Extracts Staff) suggest that topical application be made in places that will always be covered with clothing.] Never use old or oxidized oils. To slow oxidation, storing it in a dark, airtight container in a refrigerator is recommended. Adding an antioxidant oil to topical use products containing it is recommended. Maximum dermal use dilution should be 0.4% to avoid phototoxicity. Bergamot Essential Oil should also follow the normal safety precautions listed below. ~ Source: Tisserand, Robert and Young, Rodney. Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professionals: Churchill Livingstone; 2 edition (2013). Reading the full profile for Bergamot essential oil is highly suggested by your DeRu Staff.
While we’ve made this clear that we are selling this essential oil to use in your diffuser, your inhaler, or topically (diluted), it is a pure essential oil and can be used as such. With all essential oils:
Keep away from children.
Oral Safety is only given because many people have been told to take oils internally. Because several people look to us for safety advice, we feel obligated to offer those safety statements, although we do not believe anyone should be ingesting essential oils without being guided by an expert. Experts will take your medical history into account before they suggest oils for you to ingest, diffuse, or use topically.
Bergamot • Citrus bergamia
|trans-Sabinene hydrate + cis-Linalooloxide (furanoid)||0.06|
1. Antianginal and Antiarrhythmic Effects of Bergamottine, a Furocoumarin Isolated from Bergamot Oil
2. Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Citrus bergamia Derivatives: Where Do We Stand?
3. The Anxiolytic Effect of Aromatherapy on Patients Awaiting Ambulatory Surgery: A Randomized Controlled Trial
4. BEO CHEMICAL COMPOSITION
5. Bergamot Essential Oil Attenuates Anxiety-Like Behaviour in Rats
6. Bergamot (Citrus bergamia) Essential Oil Inhalation Improves Positive Feelings in the Waiting Room of a Mental Health Treatment Center: A Pilot Study
And the pdf:
7. Citrus bergamia essential oil: from basic research to clinical application
And the pdf:
8. Effects of bergamot essential oil and its extractive fractions on SH‐SY5Y human neuroblastoma cell growth
9. Effects of Bergamot (Citrus bergamia(Risso) Wright & Arn.) Essential Oil Aromatherapy on Mood States, Parasympathetic Nervous System Activity, and Salivary Cortisol Levels in 41 Healthy Females
10. Effects of Music and Essential Oil Inhalation on Cardiac Autonomic Balance in Healthy Individuals
11. Essential Oil Inhalation on Blood Pressure and Salivary Cortisol Levels in Prehypertensive and Hypertensive Subjects
12. The Fascinating History of Bergamot (Citrus Bergamia Risso & Poiteau), the Exclusive Essence of Calabria: A Review
13. The Physical Effects of Aromatherapy in Alleviating Work-Related Stress on Elementary School Teachers in Taiwan
14. Prevention of Glutamate Accumulation and Upregulation of Phospho-Akt may Account for Neuroprotection Afforded by Bergamot Essential Oil against Brain Injury Induced by Focal Cerebral Ischemia in Rat.
15. Rational Basis for the Use of Bergamot Essential Oil in Complementary Medicine to Treat Chronic Pain
16. Role of D-Limonene in Autophagy Induced by Bergamot Essential Oil in SH-SY5Y Neuroblastoma Cells
17. Synergistic in vitro antioxidant activity and observational clinical trial of F105, a phytochemical formulation including Citrus bergamia, in subjects with moderate cardiometabolic risk factors
18. The use of essential oils as a complementary treatment for anxiety
Information provided has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
The International Federation of Aromatherapists does not recommend that Essential Oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a Medical Doctor who is also qualified in clinical Aromatherapy. All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
Links to outside sources open in a new tab or window and are often affiliate links to items we use and trust in.
For educational purposes only.