Pure, Quality Products
Cedarwood Essential Oil
Name: Cedarwood Essential Oil
Species: Juniperus virginiana
Extraction: Steam Distilled
Aroma: Dry and woody, reminiscent of cedar chests
$1.97 – $7.97
Cedarwood Essential Oil 100% Pure
|Name||Cedarwood Essential Oil|
|Aroma||Dry and woody, reminiscent of cedar chests|
|Blend Ideas||Bergamot, Chamomile, Clary Sage, Cypress, Douglas Fir, Frankincense, Jasmine, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Neroli, Patchouli, Rose, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Siberian Fir, Sweet Orange, Tea Tree, Vetiver, and Ylang Ylang|
It is important to address some controversy that's been created due to confusing two species. Some claim that Juniperus virginiana is not to be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding, but they've confused it with Juniperus sabina, which is known to induce abortion when taken orally. This oil is extracted from Juniperus virginiana and is on the FDA list as being acceptable to add to food for flavoring, so it's pretty clear that this is not the same oil! FDA guidelines are pretty strict there. Juniperus virginiana (Cedarwood essential oil) is NOT known to induce abortion.
Due to its calming properties, this is a great oil for calming fear, anger, and anxious feelings, giving peace to your turmoil. It has a wonderful ability to ground and balance me, helping me focus on what I need to focus on instead of all the negative my mind can dwell on. It's an excellent oil to partner with in your prayer room.With our pre-diluted oils . . . if diluted for kids is the highest dilution you see, it’s also the max dilution possible. Pre-diluted oils are in fractionated coconut oil.
Cedarwood Essential Oil Safety Info
According to Tisserand and Young, there are no known hazards or contraindications. Cedarwood essential oil should still follow the safety guidelines below. ~ Source: Tisserand, Robert and Young, Rodney. Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professionals: Churchill Livingstone; 2 edition (2013). Reading the full profile for Cedarwood essential oil is highly suggested by your DeRu Staff.
While we’ve made this clear that we are selling this essential oil to use in your diffuser, your inhaler, or topically (diluted), it is a pure essential oil and can be used as such. With all essential oils:
Keep away from children.
Oral Safety is only given because many people have been told to take oils internally. Because several people look to us for safety advice, we feel obligated to offer those safety statements, although we do not believe anyone should be ingesting essential oils without being guided by an expert. Experts will take your medical history into account before they suggest oils for you to ingest, diffuse, or use topically.
Cedarwood Blood • Juniperus virginiana
1. Antifungal activity of organic extracts from Juniperus virginiana heartwood against wood decay fungi.
2. The anxiolytic effect of Juniperus virginiana L. essential oil and determination of its active constituents.
3. Bioactivity of Cedarwood Oil and Cedrol Against Arthropod Pests.
4. Critical fluid extraction of Juniperus virginiana L. and bioactivity of extracts against subterranean termites and wood-rot fungi
5. Effects of direct Cedrol inhalation into the lower airway on autonomic nervous activity in totally laryngectomized subjects
6. Effects of direct cedrol inhalation into the lower airway on brain hemodynamics in totally laryngectomized subjects
7. Essential oil compositions of Juniperus virginiana and Pinus virginiana, two important trees in Cherokee traditional medicine
8. Preventive effects of cedrol against alopecia in cyclophosphamide-treated mice
9. Production, Yield and Derivatives of Volatile Oils from Eastern Redcedar (Juniperus Virginiana L.).
10. Summary of data for chemical selection: Cedarwood Oil
11. Topical Wound-Healing Effects and Phytochemical Composition of Heartwood Essential Oils of Juniperus virginiana L., Juniperus occidentalis Hook., and Juniperus ashei J. Buchholz
Information provided has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
The International Federation of Aromatherapists does not recommend that Essential Oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a Medical Doctor who is also qualified in clinical Aromatherapy. All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
Links to outside sources open in a new tab or window and are often affiliate links to items we use and trust in. This means that, at no additional cost to you, we may receive a commission if you click through them and make a purchase. For instance, as an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
For educational purposes only.