Pure, Quality Products
Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil
Name: Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil
Species: Cinnamomum verum
Extraction: Steam Distilled
Aroma: Herbaceous and spicy, woody with a slightly fruity splash
$1.97 – $7.97
Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil 100% Pure
|Name||Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil|
|Aroma||Herbaceous and spicy, woody with a slightly fruity splash|
|Blend Ideas||Bergamot, Cardamom, Clove, Douglas Fir, Frankincense, Ginger, Grapefruit, Lemon, Marjoram, Nutmeg, Peppermint, Petitgrain, Rose, Siberian Fir, Spearmint, Sweet Orange, Vanilla, and Ylang Ylang|
Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil Safety Info
Tisserand and Young recommend a dermal a limit of 0.5%. Cinnamon Leaf essential oil may inhibit blood clotting; may contain safrole; may cause skin sensitization (moderate risk); may irritate mucous membranes (low risk). If taken orally, it may interact with pethidine, MAOIs or SSRIs. Do not use if you are taking anticoagulant medication (blood thinners), having major surgery, have a peptic ulcer, or have hemophilia or other bleeding disorders. Cinnamon Leaf essential oil should still follow the safety guidelines below. ~ Source: Tisserand, Robert and Young, Rodney. Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professionals: Churchill Livingstone; 2 edition (2013). Reading the full profile for Cinnamon Leaf essential oil is highly suggested by your DeRu Staff.
While we’ve made this clear that we are selling this essential oil to use in your diffuser, your inhaler, or topically (diluted), it is a pure essential oil and can be used as such. With all essential oils:
Keep away from children.
Oral Safety is only given because many people have been told to take oils internally. Because several people look to us for safety advice, we feel obligated to offer those safety statements, although we do not believe anyone should be ingesting essential oils without being guided by an expert. Experts will take your medical history into account before they suggest oils for you to ingest, diffuse, or use topically.
Cinnamon Leaf • Cinnamomum verum
|Humulene epoxide II||0.09|
1. Antibacterial Effects of Cinnamon: From Farm to Food, Cosmetic and Pharmaceutical Industries
2. Chemical composition and Antimicrobial activities of Cinnamomum zeylanicum Blume dry Leaves essential oil against Food-borne Pathogens and Adulterated Microorganisms
3. Chemical composition and Insecticidal activity of essential oils of Cinnamomum zeylanicum, Citrus grandis, Citrus medica and Citrus sinensis leaves from Cameroon on Anopheles gambiae Giles, 1902
4. Cinnamomum zeylanicum essential oil in the management of Anthracnose of Banana Fruits
5. Combined effect of Cinnamomum zeylanicum blume essential oil and nystatin on strains of non-albicans Candida
6. Composition and Antioxidant Activities of the Essential Oil of Cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum Blume) Leaves from Sri Lanka
7. Evaluation of active ingredients and larvicidal activity of clove and cinnamon essential oils against Anopheles gambiae (sensu lato)
8. Inhibitory effect of Cinnamomum zeylanicum blume (Lauraceae) essential oil and β-Pinene on the growth of dematiaceous moulds
9. Safety and Tolerability of Essential Oil from Cinnamomum zeylanicum Blume Leaves with Action on Oral Candidosis and Its Effect on the Physical Properties of the Acrylic Resin
10. Synergistic Benefit of Eugenia Caryophyllata L. and Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Blume Essential Oils against Oral Pathogenic Bacteria
Information provided has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
The International Federation of Aromatherapists does not recommend that Essential Oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a Medical Doctor who is also qualified in clinical Aromatherapy. All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
Links to outside sources open in a new tab or window and are often affiliate links to items we use and trust in. This means that, at no additional cost to you, we may receive a commission if you click through them and make a purchase. For instance, as an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
For educational purposes only.