Pure, Quality Products
Lime Essential Oil
Name: Lime Essential Oil
Species: Citrus aurantifolia
Extraction: Steam Distilled
Aroma: Tangy and tart, sweet citrus
$1.97 – $7.97
Lime Essential Oil 100% Pure
|Name||Lime Essential Oil|
|Aroma||Tangy and tart, sweet citrus|
|Blend Ideas||Cedarwood, Chamomile, Cilantro, Eucalyptus, Fennel, Frankincense, Geranium, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Peppermint, Rose, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Spearmint, Tea Tree, Thyme, Vetiver, and Ylang Ylang|
Lime Essential Oil Safety Info
Tisserand and Young recommend that you should avoid topical use if lime essential oil has oxidized but have no other warnings for this distilled version. Lime essential oil should still follow the safety guidelines below. ~ Source: Tisserand, Robert and Young, Rodney. Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professionals: Churchill Livingstone; 2 edition (2013). Reading the full profile for Lime essential oil is highly suggested by your DeRu Staff.
While we’ve made this clear that we are selling this essential oil to use in your diffuser, your inhaler, or topically (diluted), it is a pure essential oil and can be used as such. With all essential oils:
Keep away from children.
Oral Safety is only given because many people have been told to take oils internally. Because several people look to us for safety advice, we feel obligated to offer those safety statements, although we do not believe anyone should be ingesting essential oils without being guided by an expert. Experts will take your medical history into account before they suggest oils for you to ingest, diffuse, or use topically.
Lime • Citrus aurantifolia
1. Antibacterial activity of lime (Citrus aurantifolia) essential oil and limonene against fish pathogenic bacteria isolated from cultured olive flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus)
2. Antidiabetic Potentials of Citrus aurantifolia Leaf Essential Oil
3. Anti-Inflammatory Properties and Chemical Characterization of the Essential Oils of Four Citrus Species
4. Antimicrobial activity and chemical composition of Citrus aurantifolia (Christm.) Swingle essential oil from Italian organic crops
5. Antimicrobial Activity of Lime Essential Oil Against Food-borne Pathogens Isolated from Cream-filled Cakes and Pastries
6. Chemical composition and antibacterial activity of essential oils from Citrus aurantifolia leaves and fruit peel against oral pathogenic bacteria
7. The Effect of Citrus Essential Oils and Their Constituents on Growth of Xanthomonas citri subsp. citri
8. Essential oils of Citrus aurantifolia, Anthemis nobile and Lavandula officinalis: in vitro anthelmintic activities against Haemonchus contortus
9. Suppression of allergic and inflammatory responses by essential oils derived from herbal plants and citrus fruits
10. Volatile Components of Peel and Leaf Oils of Lemon and Lime Species
Information provided has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
The International Federation of Aromatherapists does not recommend that Essential Oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a Medical Doctor who is also qualified in clinical Aromatherapy. All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
Links to outside sources open in a new tab or window and are often affiliate links to items we use and trust in. This means that, at no additional cost to you, we may receive a commission if you click through them and make a purchase. For instance, as an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
For educational purposes only.