Pure, Quality Products
Marjoram Essential Oil (Sweet)
Name: Marjoram Essential Oil
Species: Origanum majorana
Extraction: Steam Distilled
Aroma: Sweet, lemony, slightly herbaceous, light woodsy tones
$3.97 – $15.97
Marjoram Essential Oil 100% PureName: Marjoram Essential Oil (Sweet) Batch: OM202M8 Species: Origanum majorana Part: Flowering/Leaf Extraction: Steam Distilled Class: Monoterpenol Source: Egypt Color: Very Pale Yellow Consistency: Thin Note: Middle Aroma: Sweet, lemony, slightly herbaceous, light woodsy tones We source only pure essential oils. Marjoram, coupled with cardamom, is a staple when I need respiratory support. I diffuse it at night to encourage clear airways as I sleep. I should note that the first day I know I need it, I diffuse during the day because it can help relax the respiratory effects at night. It's powerful and great to use topically with clary sage and lemongrass during the menses. Because of my experience here, I have added it to topical blends for people who are starting exercise regimes to help with muscular support. It goes over well. Marjoram essential oil is warming and soothing to overworked muscles. On occasion, I enjoy a soothing bath. I mix a couple of drops of lavender and a couple of drops of marjoram in a bit of body wash, then mix that with epsom salts and add it all to running bath water. You'll love it . . . but don't try it in a tub that has jets. I worry about the tubes to the jets being cleaned out and a friend of mine has suffered terribly twice over using essential oils with no type of carrier for them to bind to in her jacuzzi. The power of the jets slamming the essential oil into the skin just doesn't bid well to your skin. With our pre-diluted oils . . . if diluted for kids is the highest dilution you see, it’s also the max dilution possible. Pre-diluted oils are in fractionated coconut oil.
Marjoram Essential Oil Safety Info
According to Tisserand and Young, there are no known hazards or contraindications. Marjoram essential oil should still follow the safety guidelines below. ~ Source: Tisserand, Robert and Young, Rodney. Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professionals: Churchill Livingstone; 2 edition (2013). Reading the full profile for Marjoram essential oil is highly suggested by your DeRu Staff.
While we’ve made this clear that we are selling this essential oil to use in your diffuser, your inhaler, or topically (diluted), it is a pure essential oil and can be used as such. With all essential oils:
Keep away from children.
Oral Safety is only given because many people have been told to take oils internally. Because several people look to us for safety advice, we feel obligated to offer those safety statements, although we do not believe anyone should be ingesting essential oils without being guided by an expert. Experts will take your medical history into account before they suggest oils for you to ingest, diffuse, or use topically.
Marjoram • Origanum majorana
|trans-Sabinene hydrate acetate||0.45|
|cis-Sabinene hydrate acetate||0.26|
|2-Carene oxide isomer||0.11|
1. A Review of Ethnopharmacology, Phytochemistry, and Biological Activities
2. Aromatherapy Facts and Fictions: A Scientific Analysis of Olfactory Effects on Mood, Physiology and Behavior
3. Aromatherapy Massage on the Abdomen for Alleviating Menstrual Pain in High School Girls: A Preliminary Controlled Clinical Study
4. Characterization of the phenolic and antioxidant profiles of selected culinary herbs and spices: caraway, turmeric, dill, marjoram and nutmeg
5. Comparative Evaluation of Three Essential Oils as Functional Antioxidants and Natural Flavoring Agents in Ice Cream
6. Composition of the essential oil of marjoram (Origanum majorana L.)
7. Composition of the Essential Oil of Origanum majorana L. from Turkey
8. Composition, Total Phenolic Content and Antioxidant Activity of the Essential Oil of Four Lamiaceae Herbs
9. The Essential Oil Composition of Wild Growing Sweet Marjoram (Origanum majorana L., Lamiaceae) from Cyprus—Three Chemotypes
10. Essential oils from Taiwan: Chemical composition and antibacterial activity against Escherichia coli
11. Immunological and Psychological Benefits of Aromatherapy Massage
12. Investigatıon of Antioxıdative, Cytotoxic, Membrane-Damaging and Membrane-Protective Effects of The Essentıal Oil of Origanum majorana and its Oxygenated Monoterpene Component Linalool in Human-Derived Hep G2 Cell Line
13. Microscopic evaluation and physicochemical analysis of Origanum majorana Linn leaves
14. Seasonal Variation in the Essential Oil Composition of Origanum majorana L. Cultivated in Egypt
15. Volatile Oil Composition of Natural Spice, Origanum majorana L. Grown in China
Information provided has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
The International Federation of Aromatherapists does not recommend that Essential Oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a Medical Doctor who is also qualified in clinical Aromatherapy. All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
Links to outside sources open in a new tab or window and are often affiliate links to items we use and trust in. This means that, at no additional cost to you, we may receive a commission if you click through them and make a purchase. For instance, as an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
For educational purposes only.