Pure, Quality Products
Spike Lavender Essential Oil
Name: Spike Lavender Essential Oil
Species: Lavandula latifolia (L.)
Part: Flowering Tops
Extraction: Steam Distilled
Aroma: Fresh and floral with a camphorous splash
$2.97 – $9.97
Spike Lavender Essential Oil 100% Pure
|Name||Spike Lavender Essential Oil|
|Species||Lavandula latifolia (L.)|
|Aroma||Fresh and floral with a camphorous splash|
|Blend Ideas||Cardamom, Cedarwood, Clary Sage, Clove, Coriander, Eucalyptus, Fir Needle, Lavender, Lavandin, Marjoram, Patchouli, Rosemary, Scotch Pine, and Sage|
Links to outside sources open in a new tab or window and may be affiliate links to items we use and trust in.
Spike Lavender Essential Oil Safety Info
Tisserand and Young note that Spike lavender essential oil may be mildly neurotoxic, based on camphor content. The max dermal for this essential oil is 19%. ~ Source: Tisserand, Robert and Young, Rodney. Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professionals: Churchill Livingstone; 2 edition (December 2, 2013). Reading the full profile for Spike Lavender Essential Oil is highly recommended by your DeRu Extracts staff.
While we’ve made this clear that we are selling this essential oil to use in your diffuser, your inhaler, or topically (diluted), it is a pure essential oil and can be used as such. With all essential oils:
Keep away from children.
Oral Safety is only given because many people have been told to take oils internally. Because several people look to us for safety advice, we feel obligated to offer those safety statements, although we do not believe anyone should be ingesting essential oils without being guided by an expert. Experts will take your medical history into account before they suggest oils for you to ingest, diffuse, or use topically.
Spike Lavender • Lavandula latifolia
1. The active components of Lavender use for anxiety and insomnia
2. Antibacterial activity of essential oils and their major constituents against respiratory tract pathogens by gaseous contact
3. Biological Activities of Lavender Essential Oil
4. Biosynthesis and Therapeutic Properties of Lavandula Essential Oil Constituents
5. Chemical composition of lavender essential oil and its antioxidant activity and inhibition against rhinitis- related bacteria
6. Chronic Health Effects Assessment of Spike Lavender Oil
7. Inﬂuence of spike lavender (Lavandula latifolia Med.) essential oil in the quality, stability and composition of soybean oil during microwave heating
8. Lavender (Lavandula spp.)
9. Lavender and the Nervous System
10. Up-regulation of an N-terminal truncated 3-hydroxy-3- methylglutaryl CoA reductase enhances production of essential oils and sterols in transgenic Lavandula latifolia
Information provided has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
The International Federation of Aromatherapists does not recommend that Essential Oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a Medical Doctor who is also qualified in clinical Aromatherapy. All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
Links to outside sources open in a new tab or window and are often affiliate links to items we use and trust in. This means that, at no additional cost to you, we may receive a commission if you click through them and make a purchase. For instance, as an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
For educational purposes only.