Pure, Quality Products
Tangerine Essential Oil
Name: Tangerine Essential Oil
Species: Citrus reticulata Blanco (syn. Citrus deliciosa)
Aroma: Fresh and sweet, very citrusy
$1.97 – $7.97
Tangerine Essential Oil 100% Pure
|Name||Tangerine Essential Oil|
|Species||Citrus reticulata Blanco (syn. Citrus deliciosa)|
|Color||Orange with a green tint|
|Aroma||Fresh and sweet, very citrusy|
|Blend Ideas||Basil, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cassia, Cedarwood, Chamomile, Cilantro, Cinnamon Leaf, Clove, Douglas Fir, Eucalyptus, Fennel, Frankincense, Geranium, Ginger, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Marjoram, Peppermint, Rose, Sandalwood, Siberian Fir, Spearmint, Vanilla, Vetiver, and Ylang Ylang|
We source only pure essential oils.
Tangerine is one of few essential oils that is not considered phototoxic so it is considered safe to use safely diluted in topical applications and be in the sunlight! Tangerine is one of my favorites for calming emotional support. It is also beneficial before bedtime to quite the mind It is economical, sustainable and who doesn't love the smell of sweet orange goodness? I find tangerine to have more of an orange scent and stick around a bit longer than your typical sweet orange. This is also safe to use on little ones and blends well with just about anything.
Tangerine is a monoterpene and one thing about monoterpenes is they will have a longer shelf life when stored refrigerated. Monoterpenes are also know to cause dermal sensitization more readily when they are oxidized so keep your citruses stored in a cool dark place to ensure you get the most life out of them.
With our pre-diluted oils . . . if diluted for kids is the highest dilution you see, it’s also the max dilution possible. Pre-diluted oils are in fractionated coconut oil.
Tangerine essential oil Safety Info
According to Tisserand and Young, there are no known hazards or contraindications. Tangerine essential oil should still follow the safety guidelines below. ~ Source: Tisserand, Robert and Young, Rodney. Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professionals: Churchill Livingstone; 2 edition (2013). Reading the full profile for Tangerine essential oil is highly suggested by your DeRu Staff.
While we’ve made this clear that we are selling this essential oil to use in your diffuser, your inhaler, or topically (diluted), it is a pure essential oil and can be used as such. With all essential oils:
Keep away from children.
Oral Safety is only given because many people have been told to take oils internally. Because several people look to us for safety advice, we feel obligated to offer those safety statements, although we do not believe anyone should be ingesting essential oils without being guided by an expert. Experts will take your medical history into account before they suggest oils for you to ingest, diffuse, or use topically.
Tangerine • Citrus reticulata Blanco (syn. Citrus deliciosa)
1. Antifungal activity and chemical composition of Citrus reticulata Blanco essential oil against phytopathogens from North East India
2. Chemical Composition and 𝛼-Glucosidase Inhibitory Activity of Vietnamese Citrus Peels Essential Oils
3. Chemical Identifications of Citrus Peels Essential Oils
4. Chemical profile, antimicrobial and antioxidant activities of Citrus reticulata and Citrus clementina (L.) essential oils
5. Citrus fruits as a treasure trove of active natural metabolites that potentially provide benefits for human health
6. Current and Potential Use of Citrus Essential Oils
7. Effect of Essential Oils Extracted from the Peels of Two Species of Citrus on Some Fungi
8. Influence of some citrus essential oils on cell viability, glutathione –S-transferase and lipid peroxidation in Ehrlich ascites carcinoma cells.
9. Resistance and susceptibility of mandarins and their hybrids to Alternaria alternata
10. The use of essential oils as a complementary treatment for anxiety
11. Yield and chemical composition of Citrus essential oils as affected by drying pretreatment of peels
Information provided has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
The International Federation of Aromatherapists does not recommend that Essential Oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a Medical Doctor who is also qualified in clinical Aromatherapy. All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
Links to outside sources open in a new tab or window and are often affiliate links to items we use and trust in. This means that, at no additional cost to you, we may receive a commission if you click through them and make a purchase. For instance, as an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
For educational purposes only.